2 years, 5 months, 10 days

Its been 2 years, 5 months, and 10 days since you left us here on Earth. I've learned so much about myself during this time.  I have made so many changes from the life you once shared with me.  I wonder if you would even recognize me now... 

I believe you would be so proud of my personal growth.  I accepted your departure, finally, after many grief-stricken months and I learned to embrace the memories and lessons you left behind.  I am thankful for everything I went through with you because it has shaped me into the person I am today.  I quit my job and claimed ownership and full control of my life and the hours spent away from Liam. I distanced myself for a while. I mean, I moved to the country in Puerto Rico, practically off the grid and allowed myself to just soak up being a mother to our son. By making him my primary focus, it allowed me to let go of the things I couldn't control.  I focused inward and changed the thoughts of the people around me who thought I was crazy and wouldn't make it. 

And now, I am focusing on today and I am taking the steps you keep guiding me to.

I know it is you.  I feel your presence.

I am listening.

I am working on a new normal for me, for Liam.  And even though I am petrified of the fact that you are no longer the main character in this next series of my life and hopes and dreams, you will forever be an important part of it. Because you live on through me and through our son and I promise that your memory will forever live on in our hearts. 

It took me 2 years, 5 months, and 10 days... but I am ready now to fill my life again with joy and laughter.  I no longer feel empty.  I feel full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Booful.

Beautiful Angel

A letter to my son, Jason Sebastian ♥