Migraines and Love

On days like this, I need moments like this.  

I've been struggling. There are 15 needles simultaneously stabbing me in my left eye, or at least that's how I feel. How can a migraine knock me down faster than any other pain I've ever dealt with? And why must my 13 month old decide that today, he will NOT nap. Today, he will NOT stop nursing. Today, he will NOT stop pulling and tugging at me.  I'm not angry or upset with him for just needing his mom today. I'm angry and upset that I have a migraine that is not allowing me to be the best parent I can be today.  And then he just looks at me as he often does while nursing and he just melts me. He is the most beautiful little human I've ever seen and he has the power to reset my mood in an instant.  

As he reached for my breast for the 17th time today, I reached behind me and pulled out my camera. I knew I had to capture this moment. What I didn't know, is that when I would preview the photo on my camera immediately after, my body would just fill with so much love and joy and emotion that it would simply dilute the pain to a more tolerable level.  

So, the cure for migraines is love. The cure for migraines is 13 months of nursing. The cure for migraines is a raw moment. The cure is my baby boy. 

13 months of nursing my son, Liam Jaxon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Booful.

Beautiful Angel

A letter to my son, Jason Sebastian ♥