Gosh I feel like I've had a busy day already and all I did so far is "think" about what I have to do today!

Jenna took me to a small Italian festival near our home last night.  Believe it or not, it was our first time going to a festival together.  It took me way back to my childhood.  There was a great mixture of music, food, vendors, games, and rides.  I felt like I was nine years old again.  Our best friend and her daughter (our God-daughter) joined us for a while.  Jenna took Hailey on all the rides.  Watching them together warms my heart and makes me look forward to the days of mommyhood ahead of us.  Jenna is such a loving and free spirit.  She is going to definitely have the "fun mom" title.  I'll probably be the strict mom, the one they get mad at because I make them eat their vegetables and go to bed on time. Hahaha.

While walking through the festival, we came across a booth with two authors... sweet, sweet women, older in age.  They had a few books on display - some for children and some for ages 8-88 (as one of the authors put it).  They were both so comical, gentle, and kind.  They were the sort of wholesome and wise people you would love to have in your life.  Well, call me a softie or a sucker, but Jenna and I walked out of there with four books in hand.  Two of the books we purchased are for our future children!  The ladies got a kick out of the fact that they were dedicating books to kids that were not even conceived yet, but they did so by signing them all "To sweet baby J".  *warms my heart*

Today, one of Jenna's childhood friends is getting married. We are looking forward to that, but having a hard time with what to wear.  We live in Florida but it's so cold!  It's an outdoor wedding, and I'm afraid I am going to freeze in any of the dresses I wear tonight... Looks like I'll have to do some last minute shopping for us.  On another note, going to a wedding makes me want to plan my own.  We already know we want a commitment ceremony sometime this year.  We already have a great location in mind, as well.  We just have to wait to see what happens with our TTC journey this month and next month to actually decide WHEN we will exchange our vows.

Well, it's time to start the day.  Tomorrow is shopping day, so I need to get my meal plan in order.  By the way, are you interested in seeing my weekly meal plans?  Leave me a comment if that's of any interest to you.  I can definitely post those.

Also, if you are interested in watching our TTC journey unfold, check out our YouTube channel:  HatchedByTwoChicks!  Until soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Booful.

Everything Happens for a Reason: How Celiac Disease Saved my Girlfriend's Life.

My Story; Our Story