New Year - New Cycle

I know I've been M.I.A. for a while.  It's been a busy time in my household.

First of all, the plan to get the organic produce delivery was a fail.  I signed up for the delivery service on the 10th of January and was supposed to get my very first shipment on January 21, 2010.  On January 20, even though my online profile said everything was scheduled and good to go, I still hadn't heard from the coordinator (I was supposed to pick my shipment up the following day) and so I gave her a call.  She didn't even know who I was.  She said she would get back to me and she NEVER did.  I emailed the owner and she said everything should be fine and that she would get back to me.  That night (just before midnight), I get an email saying that due to lack of participation, there would not be a delivery this week.  W-H-A-T?!?!  I kept in touch with them off and on from January 10 - 20 and you wait until the night before to tell me that I wouldn't have any produce the following day?  That's unacceptable.  If I sign up for an automatic biweekly service, I obviously need some sort of consistency, right?  Meanwhile, I had already received the list of items that I should expect!  I had planned my family's meals for the entire two week span based on what I was receiving.  That was annoying to say the least.  I decided to cancel the service with them and go with plan B.

I researched CSA's in my area (community supported agriculture) and found this website:  http://www.localharvest.org/csa/  Through them, I found two organic farms in my area.  One of them actually rents out plots of land for you to grow your own organic food on.  They sell you the seeds and everything, but you basically take care of your own food.  This was not a good option for me and my family.  Number one, my thumb isn't anywhere near green.  I have managed to kill every plant in this house. I just suck at that sort of thing.  Secondly, Jenna - although VERY GOOD at gardening - is a busy bee.  She works and has a very hectic schedule without me adding "farmer" to her job description. I needed another option.  The second organic farm sounded very nice.  I decided to run over there that same day (Friday) and see what it was like.  I fell in love.  It's a very nice family owned and operated farm with several interesting options for me and my family.  They have a U-Pick where you can simply go out into the fields and pick all of your own organic produce.  They also have a farmer's market right on site where you can shop as if you were at the grocery store.  Lastly, they offered (as part of the CSA program) a weekly produce delivery service and they would bring it right to my home!  Of course, as it gets more convenient for the consumer (delivery vs u-pick) it costs more for your produce...  So I shopped around, gathered the items that I was expecting to receive from Annie's produce delivery and went home.  After discussing it with Jenna, we decided that the best option for us would be to take a trip out to the farm (10 miles away) on Saturdays and have fun picking our own produce.  We think it will be fun for us plus it allows us to be a little more selective with what we choose.

The second thing that has us so busy is Superbowl!  We usually plan a small gathering at our home each year to watch the big game with our closest friends.  This year was no exception.  However, we got an unexpected call from my brother telling us that he is coming down with his wife and kids that same weekend!  We were soooo excited.  We just cant wait to see our nephews and of course my brother and SIL.  It's going to be amazing.  With that visit, however, our original plan of a very small intimate setting turned into almost 34 people.  Of course now that my brother is coming, my mom is coming, my other brother, my sister, my mom's boyfriend, his son, etc etc etc.  It's turning into a family reunion!  My mom has even taken over somehow and decided that we are taking a family portrait on Sunday morning.  Hey, as long as it doesn't interfere with our party and it makes her happy, she can do what she wants. :-)

Boy this post is long... that's what I get for waiting so long to update my blog.... I'll make this last part short.  Jenna and I have decided to TTC this month!  She will be carrying, so today is CD2 and we have an appointment with our RE on Monday for a baseline U/S.  We start clomid tomorrow.  Wish us luck!!!

Until soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Booful.

Everything Happens for a Reason: How Celiac Disease Saved my Girlfriend's Life.

My Story; Our Story