A child is a precious gift...

So I've always been drawn to children; and they've always been drawn to me.  Yesterday, I got to school a little early and as I waited by the elevator to ride up to my lab, a little girl (around 2) and her mom walked up.

As we walked into the elevator, she looked up at me and said "hi" in the sweetest little voice ever and waved. She was smiling so big and she was just sooo beautiful. Her mother said to me "Do you have kids?" I responded with a simple "no...", but was still smiling and conversing with the baby (saying hi back and forth like five times). She grunted as she picked up the baby and put her on her hip and said "you're lucky".

I wonder if she noticed the tear as I got off the elevator and said goodbye to her daughter. Some people really don't value the gifts they have... </3

Comments

  1. Whoa! Some people take a lot of their lives and what makes up their lives for granted. That's sad. After losing my first son, it changed a lot of how I look at life. It's sad that it took a tragic loss to do that for me. I hug my 2nd son a little tighter every night knowing that I don't know what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Booful.

Everything Happens for a Reason: How Celiac Disease Saved my Girlfriend's Life.

My Story; Our Story