Beautiful Angel

My beloved fiancé, my gorgeous partner, my best friend... My sweet Liz - She is now my beautiful angel.  Her face looked so peaceful upon her passing. She had a smile on her face, as if she saw something beautiful before she left us. I thank God for the time I had with her. Before she passed away, I took a nap with her and held her. She was not in any pain, she was not suffering; she just fell into a deep sleep and her heart stopped in her sleep.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect departure for her.  She truly deserved to go as sweetly as she did. 

When she slipped away, my heart shattered and smiled at the same time.  I will forever miss the greatest love I've ever known, but I am at peace because she is no longer suffering.  I envision her with her beautiful hair back just the way she loved to style it. I can see the amazing smile on her face that illuminated the room.  I hear her laughing with the angels and just being free again.  She is perfection and I am so lucky to have had so much time with her. She has a beautiful soul and I know that she will always be with me in spirit.  In fact, I feel her here now. I know she's in a better place. 

Liz wanted so desperately to enjoy our son. I truly believe that she is doing just that right now.  She is with both Liam and with Jason and she will bring me my sweet son on the day of his birth.  I told her to please take care of Jason and that I will take care of Liam and that one day, we will be together again.  I will forever treasure the memories that she and I shared.  We truly LIVED and we LOVED wholeheartedly in the time we spent together.

Oh my sweet Liz... We may not have had the opportunity to complete our bucket list together, but I promise you, my angel, that Liam and I will do everything you and I wanted to do together, in your loving memory.  I will still take our son to Fenway and I will take him to the Grand Canyon.  I will take him to London and I will take him to Puerto Rico to visit our loving families.  I will take him to California. I will do my best to get him to meet Mariska Hargitay one day.  I will try to meet Ellen DeGeneress.  I will take that TMZ tour with him and I will make sure he's a Boston Redsox fan.  I will take him ziplining one day, when he's older. I will take him to the Keys. We will go to Hawaii and we WILL make it to Bora Bora one day.  I will take him to Italy and I will make sure he loves Boston just as much as you did. There were so many things you wanted to accomplish and I am going to make that list and start crossing things off of it.  I promise to honor your memory in the most loving and respectful way, and I promise to teach Liam all about you.  He will know his history. He will know how loved and desired he was by you.  He will always know how strong and resilient you were for him and how hard you fought to be able to be here for him. I will make sure he knows that his name means strong-willed warrior and that it is a perfect representation of his family.  We may not have been able to get married legally or have you adopt our son legally before you left us, but we will always be a family.

You are the love of my life, my other half... and I just am so lucky to have known you. You were always so selfless and giving and kind and you just wanted to please and take care of everyone always.  It was my true honor to have been able to give you the same exact kind of love and caring in your final days.  I did my best to make sure you always felt safe and loved and comfortable and happy. I hope you always felt safe in my arms, because I promise you - you always were. 

I promise to do what I can to give you the most amazing celebration of life that I could possibly give you.  So many people love and admire you and we will have a huge party in your memory and enjoy the honor of just knowing you.  God bless you always.  Goodbye sweet angel. Til we meet again.

Comments

  1. So beautifully written! You're the strongest person I have ever met, I admire that. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this time. Although I may have never gotten to know you or Liz on a personal level, I have read about your journey and you are so so strong. Liz will no longer suffer though and she is watching over you and taking care of Liam until his arrival. My heart goes out to you in this time <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo beautiful. I'm so sorry I only just found out. My thoughts are with you as always xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Booful.

A letter to my son, Jason Sebastian ♥